The "skinny" on our family's journey from FAT.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The reality of the situation..

So, last time, we discussed the "f" word, the genetic curse and, of course, the fact that my brother Nic is not tall. Today I want to get to the heart of the matter. Whining about genetics can only get you through, oh, say about high school. After that, when you truly have control over what goes in to your body it becomes YOUR FAULT. The truth is that I, Jenni, being of sound mind and somewhat chubbified body, CHOSE to eat the things that made that genetic tendency spiral completely out of control. It was I who drank almost 2, yes TWO 2 liters of coke a day, had bags of mini candy bars in my drawer at work. Water? what is THAT? Vegies? I don't think so. Can you see the pattern??? Not only was it MY CHOICE to eat whatever tasted delicious, but it was also my choice to sit my (here comes that "f" word again) FAT butt on the couch, or my chair at work and consume, consume, consume. So one might look at me and ask, "how did this happen?" well, the reality of the situation is, I chose it. Plain and simple.


Now comes the happy ending, the stuff fairytales are made of.... I can CHOOSE to end this heavy lifestyle and start anew! Isn't that fantastic!? It's like that kiss from the handsome prince that makes it possible to beckon every little forest animal with a single song, it's like... magic. Ok, ok it's totally NOT going to be magic, it's going to be the hardest journey of my life, but when it's all said and done, I KNOW I will have that fairytale ending because I will have Chosen it MYSELF!

No comments: