The "skinny" on our family's journey from FAT.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A letter to my mother (even though it's fathers day!)

Dear Mommy,
I know today is fathers day but since daddy is in heaven, I want to take some time to write to you. I need you to know that words alone can ever express the feelings I have for you, so although I will try my hardest to convey some of those feelings in writing, it will never be enough. Mom, I would not be here today if not for you. Yes, you gave me life, but that was just the beginning.  I know we always joke about how dad was the "good parent" but honestly mom, none of us, including dad, could have survived without you for SO MANY reasons.  I could always talk to you, about anything and I knew you would listen and not give me that "disappointment" glare that dad would. You were always in my corner, on my side, ready to take on anyone who hurt me or made me feel bad for any reason. You told me I was beautiful and talented and that I could be ANYTHING I wanted to be.  You taught me to be a good mother and that a mothers love is unconditional and you've shown that every day of my life.  You taught me that women can be just as strong and independent as men and that everyone deserves to be treated equal no matter their gender, race, religion or lifestyle. You taught me to rely on my family and that, with love and support from that family, I could get through any trials in my life. You taught, through example, to also rely on my father in heaven and, even though some Sunday's of my youth I cursed you for it, you instilled the necessity of church, prayer and values. You are my rock, my best friend, my hero, my biggest fan and the one person on this planet that I KNOW for a FACT will never give up on me. Thank you so much for everything you have done to help me become the woman I am and for still being in my corner, fighting for me, loving me, supporting me and, well, just being my mom. This journey I'm about to start will be full of ups and downs, like most journeys are, but the greatest thing about it is knowing that you will be by my side every step of the way and I couldn't hope for anything more.
I love you mama.
Jenni