The "skinny" on our family's journey from FAT.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In the beginning...





































In the beginning, God created... me, and although he created me with many wonderful atributes, he, along with my parents, gave me "the gene". Now, you all know what "gene" I'm talking about so don't pretend like you don't. We've all heard the terms, "pleasantly plump" "curvy" "husky" and my all time favorite, "big boned" but, honestly, lets just call a spaid and spaid and use the "f" word! Yep, you got it, FAT. I have been fat pretty much my whole life. I am the oldest of 5 children and, somehow, was the only lucky one in the bunch to inherit this genetic family curse. My three wirey brothers are tall (well, except for Nic, but he got all the brains so it doesnt matter) thin, and excedingly handsome. My little sister, although not a bean pole, has the body of a goddess with curves in all the right places. I, on the other hand, look like a weeble-wobble with a moon face, tree stumps for legs and a winning smile! To compensate for my outward appearance I did what all fat kids do and became "the funny one with the wonderful personality". This is fine, and in the grand scheme of things it's a much better quality to have, but growing up would have been a heck of a lot easier if I had just been thin. Looking back, I am grateful for the trials I had and I know I truly did become the person I am today because of them and I know God doesn't give us more then we can handle and he knew I was awesome, even if at the time, I didn't. I love my brothers and sister and what I love most is that, despite having a fat sister, they have always stuck up for me, supported me and, of course, always made me laugh at myself and for that, I am forever grateful to all of them. So, with that little glimpse into the past we can now venture forward in the journey.

No comments: