The "skinny" on our family's journey from FAT.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's the little things..

It's been 1 week since my life changed forever. The past week has been a whirlwind of emotions but I think things are starting to quiet down. I am now able to start introducing more foods into my diet and today I tried scrambled eggs, tuna and refried beans with success on all three! I am also doing better with my water intake and the cravings are not quite as bad (except for when I watch T.V. damn commercials). I've lost 20 lbs this week and I'm almost out of the 300's WOOHOO!
Earlier today I was thinking about all the things I am excited about pertaining to my weight loss and it occurred to me that most of them were little things that most people probably take for granted. Of course, the big ones are being able to be more active with my kids, feeling incredible and, well, living another 50 or so years, but there a lot of other things that I've never been able to do that I'm looking forward to. For instance, sitting down in a chair and crossing my legs, wearing boots, riding the white roller coaster at lagoon (I cant fit in the seats), being able to find clothes in any store I walk into, painting my own toe nails, not having to track down a chair I "fit" into at work, running, not having to use a seat belt extender and swinging with my kids. There are more but you get the idea, it's the little things and I can't wait!

No comments: