The "skinny" on our family's journey from FAT.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Sneddons are coming out!


Probably the biggest reason I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, other then the whole living to see my kids grow up thingy, was to help my little family become healthy and active. Today we, along with our aunt Kathy, went on a family outing up to willow park zoo in Logan. I love this little zoo, not only because it is FREE (except for a couple bucks donation) but because it has a huge park adjacent to it and my kids love it there. I was so excited to get out into the fresh air and have some fun, finally! I couldn't believe how much energy I had compared to last year! We walked around the zoo and I didn't get winded and I only had to sit for a minute due to the uncomfortableness of the hernia (which hopefully should ease up soon!) Tom, having lost around 85 lbs himself, did great too! I felt more like a regular family and not like a huge spectacle that people stare at. It was amazing. After the zoo we walked over to the park and had a very healthy picnic lunch, well THEY had a picnic lunch, I had my miserable 2 oz of tunafish, but I was able to eat with them and not feel too uncomfortable so I saw it as a positive for all! The kids played at the park and I took tons of pictures! I pushed Hannah on the swing and caught my buddy on the slide! I PLAYED with my kids, it was bliss.  It's days like today, seeing my beautiful family out and active that make me so grateful to have had the opportunity to do this for them and for me. It's only going to get better from here! Oh, and I had CRAB for dinner tonight and I cried it was so good! again, it's the little things. :)
My little pole dancers
Hannah and mommy
Daddy and Hunter
it's so hard to wait for everyone to be finished!
"now I can go play? YAY"
She loves her brother!
Lunch was YUMMY!
Hannah LOVED feeding the duckies!
Little jail bird
Cutest toushies in the world!
"ta-da!"
My beautiful baby girl
Hannah took this of me and daddy. Still got a long ways to go, but I think we look pretty cute!
My happier, healthier family!

No comments: