The "skinny" on our family's journey from FAT.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My big fat catch up post! (90% fat-free!)

Wow! So, it's been a few days since my last post, 35 to be exact, and that is not acceptable! I found out, over the holiday, that people actually DO read my blog so I had better get it updated more often! So here's what you missed... Halloween, turning 35, 5 months post surgery, my sweet grandma Carol passed away, cousins galore and a Robinett family thanksgiving! Whew! Now can you see why I haven't posted?
So, the holiday season is upon us and having food restrictions is crap! So many goodies that will not find their way to my belly, makes me sad, and hungry. I'm almost 6 months out and now that the newness has wore off and my stomach had stretched a little, I find myself getting hungry more and more. Its hard to battle the cravings in my head and talk myself out of that "tiny little bite" of whatever I can't eat. I'm also at another plateau with my weight and it's hard to not get discouraged and depressed about food when the scale is being pissy too. I've lost my motivation to exercise just because I feel like I never have time and, I know that will help with the scale but, depression is winning the war right now. So, yeah, gastric bypass isn't all sunshine and roses. It's hard, damn hard. It's not a quick fix or a cure for a life long disease, it is what it is, a surgical restriction, and the rest falls all on me. I try to stay positive and I do look better but that is superficial and I'm not FEELING great right now. I'm sure alot of it has to do with the depression and the fibromyalgia and just the winter blahs, but I wish I could get going again and feel better.
Well, this post turned into the depths of hell pretty quick lol. Venting helps. Another, happier post (with pictures) tomorrow!

No comments: