The "skinny" on our family's journey from FAT.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good to know..


So, it's early and thanks to my obnoxious baby boy and my obnoxious little dog, I am awake so here I am. Earlier this week I had the opportunity to visit with my favorite Aunt Julie who was up from Arizona! She and my sweet little Grandma Aftie came up to see us and it was fun to show them both the "new" me! We were talking about my progress and all that and Julie mentioned that I have lost a tremendous amount of weight through my face and asked me how I managed to keep my face from "falling" like most people's do after losing a significant amount of weight. Facial exercises! I can't believe I haven't mentioned it on the blog, I thought to myself.  So here goes, I think I was in college when I learned about facial exercises and I have done them on and off since then, but after surgery I was paranoid of looking 10 years older through my face like a lot of GB patients do so I started up again! I leave for work at 4:30 a.m. and have a half hour drive, so I take the opportunity of the darkness to do these exercises (since they make you look like a total spazz!) You start by opening you mouth as wide as it can go, stretching the muscles, and hold for about 5 seconds. Then, smile as big as you can with eyes as wide as you can make them and stretch the neck muscles and hold for 5 seconds. Last, make your upper face like you are frowning and your mouth in a tight "o" form and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat several times! I swear by these exercises and it totally shows on my face! I'm almost 35, and although that is not terribly "old" (unless you ask my little sister) but the longer I can keep those wrinkles away the happier I will be! These exercises are great for anyone, whether you have lost a lot of weight or just want to naturally tighten up your neck and face! Everyone try it! (just make sure nobody is watching! LOL)
Me at 400 + lbs
Me after losing 150 lbs. I don't think I look much older then my wedding picture 14 years ago! Do your facial exercises! :) 

No comments: